Republished with permission from Page Street Publishing from Nourishing Superbowl Foods by Lindsay Cotter.
These gluten free Deconstructed Stuffed Bell Pepper Bowls are household pleasant, straightforward to make, straightforward to scrub up and simple to devour! The combo of lean beef and bell peppers make for one iron-boosting and antioxidant-rich bowl. Dairy free pleasant and choice for vegetarians included!
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 10 minutes. Yield: 4-5 servings. Category: foremost meal.
For the meat or turkey (see notes for vegetarian choice):
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb (455 g) lean floor beef or turkey
- 2 tsp (7 g) minced garlic
- 1 cup (150 g) chopped onion
- 1 cup (150 g) chopped bell pepper
- ½ to 1 tsp crimson pepper flakes or Italian seasoning
- Fine sea salt or kosher salt, to style Pepper, to style
- 8 oz (230 g) tomato sauce or BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) gluten-free Worcestershire sauce or tamari
For the bowls:
- 3 cups (485 g) cooked quinoa
- 3 cups (540 g) frivolously steamed spinach
- 1 bell pepper, sliced skinny
- Handful of recent torn cilantro
- 1 inexperienced onion, chopped
- Handful of sliced cherry tomato
- OPTIONAL yogurt cheese or bitter cream, for topping
- Red pepper flakes,
- Hot sauce or Tabasco, optionally available, for topping
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- To make the meat, warmth the oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the bottom meat and cook dinner till now not pink, about xx minutes. Drain off any further fats.
- Add the garlic and onion, cooking for 2-3 minutes till aromatic. Add the chopped bell pepper, crimson pepper flakes, salt and pepper, cooking for 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce (or BBQ sauce) and Worcestershire sauce, and cook dinner till bubbly, about 5 extra minutes.
- For the bowl, spoon the quinoa into a big bowl, adopted by the spinach. Add within the floor meat combination, and prime with the sliced bell pepper, cilantro, inexperienced onion and cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to style.
- Toppings: Optional bitter cream or yogurt cheese and crimson pepper flakes, if desired, and garnish with sliced lemon.
For Vegetarian Option:
Omit beef and exchange with floor tempeh or cooked beans (black beans, chickpeas, or pinto beans work finest).
- Calories: 330-350
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 500
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35-38
- Fiber: 6-7
- Protein: 31
- Cholesterol: 60
Recipe: Spiced Vegetables And Garbanzo Beans With Yogurt
A Recipe From Simply Vibrant: Peach And Tomato Panzanella
7 Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes For The Busy Runner