Home Health News Woman almost loses leg after getting infection she blames on salon procedure

Woman almost loses leg after getting infection she blames on salon procedure

6 min read
0
0
1

A North Carolina girl is warning others a few salon procedure that she says almost brought about her to lose a leg. Tracy Lynn Martinez mentioned after getting a pedicure at a neighborhood salon, she suffered a severe infection in her foot, that she says was brought on by a callus cutter. 

“I just wanted to share my story to save someone from going [through] what I’m going through or even death,” Martinez wrote on Facebook. She says she went to a “grade A salon” in Winston Salem, which she believed was very clear. “The whirlpool baths have the disposable bags, and they bring the new fresh tools in a new bag,” she says, “but also bring a nice bacteria infected callus cutter too.”

Martinez received the pedicure on June 22 and by June 23, she says she was struggling main chills. She was nauseous and vomiting and tried to sleep off what she thought was a chilly. But on June 24, her strolling was off steadiness, her leg was enormous and she had no strength.

“I am ambulance to the Emergency Room to find out I am toxic and have a serious case of cellulitis caused by a strep infection in my blood stream caused by the scrapes on the outside of my heel from the the callus cutter,” she wrote in her cautionary Facebook publish. Martinez received two cuts on her heel from the callus cutter, however thought nothing of it at first, WFMY experiences. 

“I have been through hell, pain, shock, all of it…. But I want to raise awareness,” Martinez wrote. Martinez didn’t share the identify of the salon, however desires others to be taught from her expertise, urging others to “Say NO to the callus cutters/shavers.”

Hello to the world!!! 🌍🌎🌏I simply needed to share my story to save lots of somebody from going what I’m going by way of and even…

Posted by Tracy Lynn Martinez on Friday, July 20, 2018

Martinez says the instruments are literally not permitted in North Carolina salons, which she discovered after the actual fact. “There is no way to properly disinfect this tool to continually [use] on people. I no longer recommend pedicures but definitely say NO to these callus shavers if you do go!” she wrote.

Cellulitis is an infection brought about when micro organism enters a crack or break within the pores and skin, in keeping with the Mayo Clinic. Emolytic streptococcus, streptococcus pneumoniae, and staphylococcus aureus are the most typical bacterias to trigger the infection.

Martinez says after a two-week keep within the hospital, she remains to be recovering and can be on remedy for the subsequent three months. The 35-year-old says she has to put on compression stockings for all times to guard the leg from one other infection. She may also be on one other remedy for the remainder of her life. 

“Every day was a new chapter of what was going to happen to my leg. Was I going to lose my leg? Was I going to lose my life?” Martinez mentioned.

According to North Carolina Board of Cosmetics, callus scrapers are prohibited at salons within the state, and in the event you see one getting used, you’ll be able to file a report.

© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Source link

Load More Related Articles
Load More By Health Master
Load More In Health News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

6 Foods You Should Never Eat Before Bed

night time’s sleep is simply as essential as food plan and exercise plan that can assist y…