Today is the final day to register for my upcoming webinar: Why Do Vegetarians Have Higher Stroke Risk?
Date and Time: February 19, 2-4pm ET
Last Day to Register: February 13, TODAY
Given that hypertension and insufficient fruit and vegetable consumption are among the many most necessary stroke threat components, you’d assume these eating plant-based diets can be at considerably decrease threat, simply as they’re with coronary heart assaults. You is likely to be stunned to study that there had by no means been any research on the incidence of stroke in vegetarians, although…till now. And if you happen to suppose that’s stunning, wait till you hear the outcomes. Yes, that they had decrease coronary heart illness threat as anticipated, however these eating meat-free diets appeared to have extra stroke threat. If that’s certainly the case, what is likely to be the trigger, and what can we do about it?
To see the listing of matters I’ll cowl, go right here.
Past Webinars Available
The movies from my most up-to-date webinar, What Triggered the Obesity Epidemic?, are actually out there for digital obtain right here.
In truth, all of my earlier webinars can be found:
Many of the movies from these webinars are already up on NutritionDetails.org, however if you happen to’d like them multi functional place, try the downloads. Note that these are simply the movies from the webinars, and don’t embrace the reside Q&As.
Seeking Spanish Volunteers
Our Spanish workforce is trying for a couple of skilled translators to work on translating and enhancing transcripts, weblog posts, and video subtitles. Applicants ought to be proficient in each Spanish and English, with earlier translation expertise and a primary understanding of NutritionDetails.org content material and medical phrases. Go right here to apply.
New B12 Recommendations
I need to make sure that everybody is aware of that my B12 complement suggestions have modified primarily based on new analysis. The most up-to-date information can all the time be discovered on my Optimum Nutrition Recommendations web page, however right here they’re for simple reference:
- At least 2,00zero mcg (µg) cyanocobalamin as soon as every week, ideally as a chewable, sublingual, or liquid complement taken on an empty abdomen
- or a minimum of 50 mcg every day of supplemental cyanocobalamin (you needn’t fear about taking an excessive amount of)
- or servings of B12-fortified meals 3 times a day (at every meal), every containing a minimum of 190% of the Daily Value listed on the nutrition details label (primarily based on the brand new labeling mandated to start January 1, 2020—the goal is 4.5 mcg 3 times a day).
- Those over 65 years of age ought to take a minimum of 1,00zero mcg (µg) cyanocobalamin each day.
- Tip: If experiencing deficiency signs, the most effective check might be urine MMA (not serum B12 degree)
I’ve received a sequence of recent movies popping out explaining the modifications that can be featured in an upcoming webinar—keep tuned!
Dr. Barnard’s New Book
My expensive good friend and colleague, Dr. Neal Barnard, simply launched his new guide. Your Body in Balance on how meals have an effect on our hormones and the easy dietary modifications that may assist. This guide offers step-by-step steering on how particular meals may help with infertility, cramps, endometriosis, PCOS, sizzling flashes, and erectile dysfunction, in addition to breast and prostate most cancers by evidence-based dietary change. It additionally discusses how meals have an effect on our weight, temper, and total health. Learn extra right here.
Live Q&As February 20
- Facebook Live: At 12:00 p.m. ET go to our Facebook web page to watch reside and ask questions.
- YouTube Live Stream: At 1:00 p.m. ET go right here to watch reside and ask much more questions!
Thanks to the launch of How Not to Diet, I’ve been doing tons of interviews in between my talking engagements (together with Rochester, MN, Savannah, and Lakeland, FL, to title just some). Check out this latest one on The Wellnest weblog for an summary of what’s within the new guide!
Michael Greger, M.D.
PS: If you haven’t but, you possibly can subscribe to my free movies right here and watch my reside, year-in-review shows: