Perhaps your baby just lately completed swimming classes and is now interested by persevering with to develop their abilities. Maybe they’ve developed a love of the water and a competitive spirit you need to help. Or presumably you’re on the lookout for a protected type of healthy recreation for staying lively.
No matter the explanation, Swim Team could be a nice possibility for preserving youngsters shifting, serving to them find out about healthy competitors, and having enjoyable. To enable you to resolve if Swim Team is an effective possibility to your baby, we reached out to Jen Rezac, director of swim programming for Life Time Aquatics, to get her insights on some generally requested questions concerning the providing.
What are the advantages to enrolling my baby in Swim Team?
There are 4 major benefits I’d encourage mother and father to take into account:
- It’s instills life abilities. Learning to swim — and being a robust swimmer — is an important, life-saving means. The World Health Organization estimates that drowning is the third main reason for unintentional damage dying worldwide. Swimming additionally teaches attributes resembling dedication, perseverance, and purpose setting that may profit people effectively past their swimming days.
- It improves fitness. Swimming is a low-impact exercise that works your entire physique, specializing in endurance, strength, and suppleness. If you develop healthy habits as a baby it may well lead to staying lively as an grownup.
- It teaches teamwork. Swimming is each a person and group sport. At meets, swimmers compete individually for his or her greatest occasions but in addition contribute to the group complete rating based mostly on how they place of their occasions. They may also take part on relay groups.
- It affords a neighborhood. Many of our swimmers construct a second household on our groups. They type robust friendships with their teammates, which improves their social well-being.
What differentiates Life Time’s Swim Team from others?
We supply constant follow schedules and areas in our top-of-the-line amenities. Many different groups should lease area, due to this fact are topic to the times, occasions, and areas which can be out there.
In these cases, mother and father typically want to wait within the bleachers whereas their baby practices. At Life Time, mother and father don’t want to be present, and may select to go away the constructing or use the time to get in a exercise, schedule a spa service, or chill out in our lounge areas. If you’ve got a number of youngsters, your different youngsters can benefit from the Kids Academy whereas their sibling swims, and even study to swim themselves in our swim-lesson program on the similar time. In areas that characteristic LifeCafe, you’re additionally simply steps away from a healthy grab-and-go meal possibility after follow.
There can also be no fundraising, and your baby practices of their residence pool however competes at meets with all the opposite Life Time swim groups within the space.
Which ages and talents can Swim Team accommodate?
Children are sometimes 5 years or older once they be a part of Swim Team, and there are completely different ranges out there for various talents. Those who be a part of don’t even want to have grasped the fundamental foundations of swimming or give you the option to swim the size of the pool in freestyle and backstroke. They will study these abilities.
What are the completely different Swim Team choices out there at Life Time?
- Summer Swim Team: This is the proper introduction to this system. It’s enjoyable and laid again, but youngsters nonetheless get an opportunity to compete.
- Developmental Swim Team: This is a superb possibility for many who simply accomplished our swim-lesson program and need to expertise group swimming. It’s year-round and affords an introduction to meets.
- USA Swimming Team: This can also be year-round and is our most competitive possibility. These swimmers compete in opposition to different groups who’re a part of the USA Swimming Association.
What credentials do Life Time swim coaches have?
All of our coaches are required to be Lifeguard Certified. Those who work with our USA Swimming Team even have their USA Swimming certification. Many coaches moreover have their American Swimming Coaches Association certification.
What is the time dedication like?
The Summer Swim Team is held a number of days every week over a interval in the summertime. Most practices final 45 minutes to one hour. Swim meets are sometimes held as soon as every week.
The Developmental Team practices are sometimes held two or three days every week, lasting 45 minutes to one hour. Your baby can proceed on the group so long as they’d like or till they’re prepared to transfer to the USA Swimming Team. Swim meet occurrences range, however normally happen a couple of occasions all through the college 12 months.
The USA Swimming Team, relying on the extent, can happen anyplace from three to six days every week with practices lasting between one to two hours. Swim meets are normally held month-to-month.
How do I do know if my baby will take pleasure in Swim Team?
You’re at all times welcome to attempt it! Summer Swim Team is a limited-length program, whereas our year-round groups will be started and canceled at any time with supplied discover.
Beginning your baby in the appropriate stage will make a big distinction of their notion of Swim Team. We advocate beginning them within the Summer Swim Team or Developmental Swim Team. Both require a tryout the place we’ll place your baby in one of the best stage for his or her means.
What precautions are being taken to maintain Swim Team youngsters protected?
Safety is our primary precedence always. We observe state and USA Swimming pointers. If you need to find out about our COVID-19 security protocols, you are able to do so right here.
Do I would like to be a Life Time member for my baby to take part in Swim Team?
Yes, Swim Team is completely out there for Life Time members.
Where can I enroll or study extra?
You can discover extra data and speak to particulars at mylifetime.life/swim.